Monday, September 10, 2007

Warm fuzzy thoughts

One more week until chemo. I am trying to get some things done but it's overwhelming. I am compiling a list of things I know I will need to have handy (like lots of warm clothes). I am really worried about being cold since I am already cold-natured. And as luck would have it, Emily's birthday falls on my first weekend chemo treatment (Sept 29). So I need her presents bought, etc. When you're 5, being sick is no excuse for not getting presents. Thank goodness for online shopping. I am frustrated at my continued fuzziness in the brain. I don't know if it's stress, worry or what, but I still don't feel right in the head. I can't keep things straight, I say strange things sometimes or my thoughts just trail off into neverland. When I see someone I know, it takes a few seconds to register who it is and then I have to ask myself "do they know about the cancer". I think I have a foolproof way of deciding whether someone knows about the cancer. If "how are you" includes a pat on the arm, then they know. If I don't get the pat, they're clueless. I asked Dr. Lilly if the cancer could have gone to the brain, he said that would be highly unlikely, to which I thought "this whole experience is highly unlikely". Anyway, I guess I am telling you that if you see me out or I appear rude, please excuse my behavior.
Scott found my New Year's Resolutions this weekend. The list included: Lose weight, Eat Better, and Scrapbook more. Well, having my colon ripped out has resulted in weight loss and eating better and I have been scrapbooking while recovering from surgery. So there you go, for the first time in my life, I achieved my resolutions. Be careful what you wish for!
By the way, there's a seminar at the Osage center about surgical weight loss, I think I'm going to show up and tell them how I lost weight surgically. Who needs the Lapband system when you can get the "Crapband".
Keep in touch.
Michele

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, Michele, I've posted about 3-4 times already because I just found your blog today via Shawndra Turner's blog so I'm reading past ones to catch up....you are so STINKING FUNNY. I'm serious, who would have thought that by reading someone's cancer experience I would be sitting here laughing my head off. I absolutely LOVE your sense of humor and have full faith that you, God and your positive, humorous attitude are going to kick this cancer. I'm praying for you!
Jess in Nebraska