Sunday, September 16, 2007

Amazing "Port Chop"

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I have been somewhat emotional today. I was fighting a 1-2 on the tear scale at church this morning. Really, did they have to pick Amazing Grace as the opening hymn, when they must know that I always sang that to my girls? Yesterday I went to a baby shower and today I went to a bridal shower. I found myself longing for those fun, carefree days when life was exciting and new.
"Port Chop" is giving me no trouble. So far, he is very well-behaved. He seems to be enjoying his new home in my artery. My friend Shawna said he will continue to burrow himself in, until eventually he won't look so much like a big bump. My sister's friend, Kim, came up with the perfect name. It incorporates my insane desire for pork, along with all the chopping my surgeon has done. By the way, I forgot to mention just how much I ate at the fair. We went with our friends, Danny and Becky. The hospital had called and said I couldn't eat past 7:00. We got to the fair at 6:20. The countdown was on! I ate a pork steak sandwich (no surprise), fried tators, a lemon shakeup and a funnel cake, in record time!
Scott and I had a good laugh this weekend. For years, we have always joked that we drive vehicles until the wheels fall off. I bought a new Honda Civic about 3 months ago. Saturday I heard on the news there was a recall on my car b/c the wheels could fall off!
Gotta go. Still have things to do. I did manage to clean out my closet this weekend. I have to stay busy.
Michele

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you really need to stay busy - I have lots of closets... No, really, keep hanging in there! Amy H

Anonymous said...

Did you know there is actually a port in Panama called "Port of Colon." Go figure!!
Robin

Michele said...

Robin- That cracks me up! Megan suggested Port-a-Potty and I said No way!

suzy allee said...

Girl, if your closets are that clean, then I can't let you ever see mine! I got my stitches out this evening. The dr. said my report came back that my tissue contained a squamous cell carcinoma. He says it shouldn't come back.
I wanted to wish you good luck with your chemo. We will pray for you.
We've got to get to Randy's first football game of the season. It starts at 7:45. So much for that promise I made myself about going to bed early! Love, Suzy