Friday, August 17, 2007

Home! Home at Last!

I am home!!! It feels wonderful! I waited all day for the surgeon to make rounds. I had a speech all prepared about how important it was for me to get home, my kids were really needing me. Thankfully, I didn't have to beg too hard, he okayed it.
Just to let you know the plan, I will be receiving my chemo at Southeast. I have to wait 6 weeks, so I can heal from the surgery. I tried to convince Dr. Lilly (my oncologist) that I will recover quickly and I want to start sooner, but that's not an option. I am having a hard time waiting. I have an image in my head of the cells multiplying in my body and I want to destroy them asap.
I am tired tonight and I can't think very clearly so this is short. But Scott wants everyone to know that he discovered something very positive that comes from a cancer diagnosis- the life insurance salesmen will no longer bother us. Obviously our agent hasn't heard the news b/c he sent us a sales pitch this week.
I will write again soon, there is more to say but I am wiped out.
Love,
Michele

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Hey! It's wonderful to hear that you are home. I didn't try to call you all yet because I wanted to wait until things settled down first. Just glad to know that you got to go home. We are praying for you! Talk to you later.

Becky Wichern

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO - Glad you're home! - Amy Hume