Friday, August 17, 2007

Sips n Chips

For days now all Michele could eat has been sips of water and chips of ice. Yesterday she was told she was ready for food. I think Cream of wheat is now her favorite dish. Her recovery
is going great ! She met with the Oncologist yesterday. He answered many of our Questions
and really made Michele feel better about everything. She may be going home Sat or Sun, YEAH!
My sister inlaws have been doing blog entries for me until now. I would like to thank everybody
for your prayers and support. We are all doing well, and are very well fed, thank you.
Finding out your wife has cancer is a big shock. We are dealing with it. I tell people it is easier for
us because we are not well organized people, This didn't really mess up any of our plans because
we didn't have any. I think it might be better than winning the lottery (bear with me )
you discover who all your friends and family are, however, they help you instead of you helping
them. Megans biggest concern is that mom will lose her hair, she will happy when I tell her
the doctor said that might not happen. Emily just wants mommy home.
When I met Michele she was 19 years old living on her own working to pay her way though school. She was a very independent and determined woman. That's what I love about her.
Over the years we have had many challenges big and small and she has over came and worked
through all of them. Our faith is strong.
When Michele gets home I know she will want to "Blog" with all of you, she loves this
communication stuff.
Again thank you for everything and keep praying.
Love Scott

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott,
Thanks for the great update. It is so positive that you are seeing the "lottery" part of this whole experience. I have known you for a long time, and know that you will take it a step at a time, and will help Michele be stronger. Take care of YOU as you take care of the precious women in your life. We are remembering ALL of you in prayer, and especially Michele.
Peace,
Florence
P.S. Michele, I really like Cream of Wheat too-one of those comfort foods of life!!

Anonymous said...

Michele,
We all have been thinking about you. You and your family are in our prayers. Glad to hear you may get to go home over the weekend. Continue to get well and please let us know if we can do anything for you.
Sincerely,
First Step Gals

David Wichern said...

Still thinking of both of you every day. Hope to see both of you as soon as you feel up to it. Does Scott need help with work? I can help catch up evenings and Sundays.

David Wichern