Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Idle chit-chat

Well, I got my staples out today, finally. Since I have 2 c-sections under my belt (no pun intended), I knew it wouldn't be a big deal. My parents just left to go back home. Even though they would have stayed until eternity, I encouraged them to go home for awhile and come back in a few weeks. That way my Mom doesn't get too tuckered out from running my household.
Today I emailed Oprah, pleading with her to do a show on colon cancer. Remember the post where I mentioned I found a blog about a girl who had colon cancer, and when I read her story I decided to have the colonoscopy b/c we had the same symptoms (in case you didn't know, I had originally thought no way am I having that test). I credit her story with saving my life. We even share the same birthday. Anyway, she wants to go on Oprah and tell her story; apparently they told her they would have to get lots of requests before they would agree to it.
The only other thing I did today was order a medic alert bracelet. I am worried about all the driving I do with my job that something could happen, like a wreck, and I thought it might be important to know my info.
Something struck me funny yesterday. I got teary-eyed over a Nicholas Sparks book and then I thought, I'm crying over a fictional book and I have cancer. What could be sadder than cancer, haha.
Thanks for listening.
Love,
Michele

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl,
keeping up with your blog, med alert braclet , a excellent idea.
rating tears, that good, coming from a nurse point of view, its great , very creative.
your crying spells may be a mixture of tired, and the fact that things are uncertain right now. let me tell you, you are completely normal ( i wish i was.0 Ha! Ha!
love ya and prayers
count your blessings and try to focus on the positive. easier said then done I am sure.Blessings sometimes come in many different forms.
call if you need anything.
twylia

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele:
Look forward to your blog every day. Prayers to you and your family. Thanks for sharing your personal feelings.
Karla your former office mgr.

Anonymous said...

Let us know how to email Oprah. We can support your cause by emailing her.