Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sugar

I am starting to feel a little crabby. It could be b/c I have given up sugar. I have been reading a lot about how sugar feeds cancer so I thought I better have my sweet tooth extracted. I plan to talk to Dr. Lilly about it next week. I hope the conversation goes something like this:
"Excuse me Doc, is it true that sugar feeds cancer?"
"No! Actually the opposite is true; you must consume as much sugar as you can; Sugar actually DESTROYS CANCER! So go home and raid Megan's secret chocolate stash!!!"

Anyway, I am trying to strike a balance between keeping busy but not doing too much. Without sugar, my life seems empty and meaningless, so I tried scrapbooking today, I had some great layouts of birthday cake, Thanksgiving pie, Valentines Day chocolate...
OK, gotta go, Emily wants to play CANDYLAND...
Love,
Michele

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele some body said once laughter is the best medicine!!! I got so tickled by your blog and I want you to know that we are praying for you and sending our best wishes.Love,Donna Hecht

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I am cracking up. How could nice, processed sugar possibly feed cancer? Surely those articles are the product of deranged, tree-hugging, granola-eating crazy people. Hopefully your doctor is much more sensible! Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Sugar maybe, but Chocolate never!!! I bet M & M's have the the secret healing touch!! Just so you know, ever since you told me about sugar feeding cancer I think about it when I eat it. I havent stopped eating it, but I do think about it. Have I mentioned how much we love the blog Donna

Anonymous said...

Michele,
I am a friend and co-worker of Donna. I enjoyed reading your blog. You may have a whole new career waiting on you when you are past this bump in the road. You will have to start a new blog on life after cancer. I have you in my prayers and hope you get good news tomorrow! I will keep in touch. Kim Tisdale

Anonymous said...

Michele -
I jsut found your blog after you posted on Shawndra Turner's blog. I love your writing and sense of humor. The quote "life seems meaningless without sugar" is making me laugh still....I'm trying to break the sugar habit as well, so I can TOTALLY relate. You are going to beat this, girl...I will spread the word and get all I know praying for you.
Take care,
Jess in Nebraska